Sunday, September 26, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge using Background Stamping

I have totally been on a bookmark/tag kick lately so this was just another opportunity to make a bookmark.  The challenge is to use White, Black, Gray, and Yellow with Background stamping.  If you want to check out the challenge here's a link.


I cut my bookmark using my Cricut and a file I created using SureCutsAlot out of the Going Gray card stock.  I also cut a "tag shoulder" out of the Basic Gray card stock but didn't adhere it until the end.  I stamped the bookmark with my background text in Going Gray ink.  I then set it aside to dry and worked on the sentiment.


 I cut the label with the die, stamped the sentiment and added the two nail heads.  Now I moved back to the bookmarked and stamped the flowers and heat embossed with white.  Now it's time for assembly.  I attached dark "shoulder" and two yellow reinforcement rings to the bookmark.  Found just the right spot for my sentiment and then tied the black ribbon.



Here's the finished product.  Thanks for stopping by the blog and checking out my bookmark.  I hope you play along with the Embellish Challenge.

Jessica



Supplies:
Cardstock - Going Gray and Basic Gray (Stampin UP - SU), Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink - PTI)
Ink - Going Gray (SU) and Onyx Black (Versafine), Versamark
Stamps - Le London Script (Stampabilities) and Agapanthus Cluster (Stampendous)
Miscellanous - white embossing powder, black ribbon (PTI), Tea for Two Collection Label die (PTI), black nail heads, Cricut Plantin SchoolBook

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bookmark!! Can never have enough bookmarks. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great. I love the bookmark. I might have to start making more of those. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the text background on the bookmark. Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute Cute!!! Thanks for playing along with the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete