Sunday, February 6, 2011

PTI Anniversary Tags--Using Dawn McVey

I'm playing along with PTI's Anniversary Day 2 challenge to use one of the designers digital "tags".  I'm using Dawn McVey's--I love the colors she employed.






When we printed the images, the Hawaiian Shore ring around the outside of the tag appears more blue than I liked.  So, once I punched it out, I cut it smaller using a 1 5/8th" circle die from Nestabilities and then layered it on a 1 3/4th circle punched from HS cardstock.  If you look carefully at the photo below, you might be able to detect it.



To give a bit of separation between the white ribbon tag and the white skirt cut using the Banner Borders die, I inked the edges of the ribbon tag with HS ink. 



I hope you enjoy the challenge and all the wonderful tags the designers have shared, free!!!!

Thanks for stopping by...

Monica

Supplies (All PTI unless otherwise noted):
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Hawaiian Shores, and Bitty Dots Basics in Summer Sunrise
Stamps:  Birthday Basics and Polka Dot Basics II
Other:  Ink-Hawaiian Shores; White Twill ribbon; Dies-1.75" Limitless Labels, Banner Borders, and Nestabilities Ribbon Tag and 1 5/8th" circle; and 1.75" circle punch.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks great! I love the color combos that Dawn comes up with, and then you made such a beautiful card out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the same colours - Dawn is such a trendsetter! lol! Love this - so nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete