Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Embellish the Cure










My sister trained and ran in her first 5K race in this fall’s Race for the Cure. She completed the race with a great time, running under an 11 minute mile. Our generous neighbor brought a donation over—unsolicited!

When Embellish posted this challenge, I knew I wanted to use the ribbon racer as the focal point to create a Thank You card for our neighbor. I used a 5.5” x 12” strip of dark grey from an old SEI collection (Savvy) to create a tri-fold card. The window was cut using Spellbinder’s large rectangle. The ribbon racer was cut from PTI’s raspberry fizz and was sandwiched between two layers of vellum. The sentiment is from PTI’s Damask Designs (with “so much” masked) and was stamped on PTI’s Sweet Blush cut using Spellbinders ribbon tag with the ends trimmed. I stamped the linked circles from PTI’s Faux Ribbon in Versamark to align the clear rhinestones.

I think it will make a great Thank You card for our neighbor while celebrating my sister’s accomplishment. Way to go to them both!

Monica

1 comment: