Thursday, February 25, 2010

PTI's February Blog Hop



Tonight is PaperTrey's monthly blog hop.  My inspiration came from several of the designers when using the Violet stamp set. 

Here's Debbie Olson's pieced violet:



I have long wanted to start coloring with Copic markers and have even purchased some but not really done much with them before now.  I also love how paper piecing is one of current trends so I did a mix of these two techniques.



I used the Friend till the End stamp set.  One of my favorites I must say.  I pieced the flower, sorta - I stamped the flower on Bitty Polka Dot paper and stamped a background from Background Basic Retro for the flower's center.

I colored the leaves with the Copics.  I strategically placed most of the leaves behind the flowers.



The background stamping I saw on one of Nicki Estes card when searching for coloring inspirations.  Thanks Nicki for letting me scraplift.

Enjoy the hop and thanks for stopping by.

Jessica

19 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I love the stamped text background! Great job with the challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the very same inspiration. Like you, I'd love to clone Debbie's Copic skills! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun card with such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stricking and lovely card. I love the freshness and boldness of it. Great job! I can't wait to explore more on your blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - great job and pretty colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that flower ........... that reminds me of summer for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! I love your mix of patterns and clever use of paper piecing to limit the required coloring. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this happy and rustic with the big bloom and the krafty/dotty combo! Sweet sentiment background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh! I like the word stamped BG a lot. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely layout, excellent take on the challenge card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the little extra stamped details - they really make this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your version of Debbie's card. Great job of shading with the copics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is wonderful! I love the bright yellow flower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous! That yellow flower really pops! You did a great job paper piecing your image. Just add some bling and consider entering this into Lisa Johnson's new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is stunning!! love the white words on kraft :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! The colors are so bright and cheerful! This puts me in the mood for summer! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete